Hi! I'm Lauren, and I need a Lobotomy.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Little Puddles

I put little guy in the bath and sat there, watching him splash in the bubbles. TMI, so stop reading if you can’t handle that… I had to use the toilet while he was in the bath, and he started screaming that he had to use it as soon as I sat down. I’m not good at being rushed, so I told him to go ask YaYa to help him since I was a bit busy, if you will.

He took his little naked butt down the hallway, or so I thought, to have YaYa help him out. He came back a few minutes later much more relaxed than he had been when he ran off. I asked him if YaYa had helped him and he looked at me like I had three heads. I took that as a ‘yes’ and didn’t think any more of it.

After he was done in the bath I did the usual routine and got him to bed on time. When I went downstairs to let the puppy, Beau Digby, inside I felt my foot was wet when I went to open the back door. I looked down to investigate more.

The puddle was a distinct yellow color and I knew the puppy had been outside all evening. I know he didn’t do it. I know that our older dog didn’t do it because she hadn’t done that in eleven years. It left only one culprit and I knew where to point my finger – upstairs in the little guy’s bedroom. He didn’t go to YaYa for help (as she confirmed later). He went to the back door like a puppy learning to be housetrained.

I think that’s a good sign, in some ways, but I’m worried he’s going to be one of the feral children of http://cogitz.com/2009/09/03/feral-children-living-with-beasts/ or http://listverse.com/2008/03/07/10-modern-cases-of-feral-children/. There used to be a really good website with more information but I haven’t looked at in years and I can’t remember the URL.

When I got over my initial shock I couldn’t help but laugh as I wiped up the mess. Little guy is so used to living with dogs that he thinks the proper place to pee is in the yard. Not sure if that’s good or bad, but it’s interesting to see how his brain processes information. Now if only I could get him to poo out there like the dogs do… (He could poo in a toilet; I’m not picky as long as my diaper changing days are behind me soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment